Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Will you be my Valentine?

Shawn and I have always had very simple Valentine's days at home.  We are not usually people who go out to dinner or buy expensive gifts and this year wasn't any different. We did however get to enjoy the  day with our new little valentine, Maddie Claire.

The morning started off with Maddie sleeping from 8:30pm until 4:30am!!  I got up at 4:30am to fed her and then found a card and rose next to my sink in the bathroom. <3  While Shawn was still sleeping, I got up and made a fun Valentine's Day breakfast, heart shaped pancakes with strawberries and coffee.  We both exchanged cards (Maddie got daddy a card too) and had a nice breakfast together.

Maddie got lots of cards and nice gifts from her Grandma's and Grandpa's.  I know that she felt so loved!

Later in the afternoon, Maddie got a special visit from her Valentine.  Jacob, the boy next door, came over and brought Maddie her first Valentine.  I'm going to be sure and keep this one, so the two of them can see it when they get older.  Daddy, watch out...there's a boy in town!


Happy Valentine's Day from our little cutie...




Maddie's first Valentine from the 'boy next door'
 

1 comment:

  1. LOL!!!! at the valentine from Jacob :) sooo freaking cute!

    ReplyDelete