Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Week Eight

  • On Wednesday night, daddy and papou stayed home with Maddie, so that mommy could go over to a neighbor's house for 'mom's night in'.  It was a great few hours with some very nice ladies and mom got to enjoy her first glass of wine in almost a year!
  • Maddie now grabs at EVERYTHING!  She particularly likes to grab moms hair...I think she maybe jealous. :)
  • Kicks, kicks, kicks....I think she is practicing to audition for the Radio City Rockettes! When she goes on her tummy her feet kick like crazy and she has started to push herself around the gym! She also likes to lift her head and her legs at the same time during tummy time...she looks like she is doing the locust yoga pose. :)
  • Attended her first band event.  This past weekend was solo and ensemble and I had over 70 students participating, so I tried to make it out for part of the event.  On Friday, Maddie had daddy/daughter night and I went to hear my students perform.  On Saturday, daddy was at work, so Maddie came with mom and got to hang out with all the band directors.  They all thought she was just great...one of them thought she'd make a great bassoon player with her long fingers!
  • Met her Aunt Kristy and Taylor on Saturday morning.  They drove up from Sebastian to meet her. When Kristy was holding her you could tell that Taylor was not happy.  I asked Taylor if her mommy could hold my baby and Taylor very confidently said, "no".  Taylor is a very smart little 3 year old!
  • Went on her second trip to the strawberry patch with Aunt Kristy, Aunt Kelly, Brayden, and Taylor.  When I looked at the six of us I couldn't help but laugh.  The three of us (Melanie was at a baby shower, so she missed us) lived together in college and we were much more than just roommates...we were a little family!  I looked at us in the strawberry patch, each with our child in tow and I couldn't help, but think how much things have changed in the last 7 years!  I love my girls and we are so fortunate to have each other! :)
  • Went on another fun night out.  Catherine next door had a jewelry party, so I headed next door for some sweet treats, drinks, jewelry, and neighborly fun!  I stayed out until after 10pm and had a great time.  I think I owe Shawn a boys night, now!
  • Stuck to her schedule everyday this week, but one.  She only gets up once to eat between 8:30pm and 7:30am...usually at 2:30am.  One night she got up twice wanting to eat and had to be changed...she had more gas than usual, so I'm thinking maybe she didn't like what I ate that day.    
  • Has started to nap once a day in her bassinet.  She sleeps much better in her swing, but I know I need to get her use to sleeping in her bed. The bassinet nap usually only lasts 30-45 minutes.
  • Had her first play date at Melanie's house.  Melanie's friend, Tamika has a little girl, Addison, who was born on December 19th.  Addison and Madelyn had a fun time together and the three big girls had a great lunch and great conversation!  Thanks, Mel for putting together such a nice afternoon. :)
    Kristy and her little girl, Taylor

    Tummy time!

    Doing yoga

    Wearing her bib to try and save her outfit from the massive amounts of spit up...oh, and she loves her Uncle Chris. :)

    Madelyn and Addison

     
    Play date!
Mommy and Maddie before our afternoon of shopping!

Papou loves his granddaughter!

Daddy and his little girl

Three Generations of 'Dimitry's'




1 comment:

  1. That picture of the two of you before you're getting ready to go shopping is so freaking cute!!! You should definitely frame that one, it's a keeper!!

    Tell Maddie her Uncle Chris AND Aunt Kara love her very much!! :-D

    xoxo!

    ReplyDelete