Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Week Six


  • Has graduated to size one diapers.  They look huge on her, but I bought a pack of newborns last week and told myself that would be it.  The newborns were starting to get really snug and she was almost past the weight limit. 
  • Since I love to coupon, I had been buying diapers on sale since last summer and stocking up on sizes 1-3.  I didn't buy any newborns since I wasn't sure how big she would be at birth.  Grandma made a diaper cake for the shower, which was made out of 200 newborn diapers.  These diapers did not last too long and we ended up having to buy diapers at full price (so depressing).  Our total newborn diaper count was 400 diapers in just under 5 weeks!
  • Is starting to wear 0-3 month clothes.  She can still wear some of her newborn clothes, but they are starting to get snug and she is getting too long for her footed sleepers.  Her 0-3 month wardrobe includes many more 'outfits' instead of just onesies, so we've enjoyed playing dress up this week! (Thanks to cousin Zuzu, we have so many more choices!)
  • Has been awake a lot more!  She has had pretty consistent tummy time once and sometimes twice a day.  Her longest naps are usually 1-1.5 hours now instead of 2-2.5 hours.  Her schedule is still pretty much: nap, eat, nap, eat, play, nap, eat, nap....etc. 
  • Went to her first garage sale this week!  Our neighborhood had a community garage sale on Friday and Saturday, so Friday morning we headed out to shop.  We got to meet some new neighbors and bought a very pretty 18 month dress that still had the tags on it!
  • Has started to smile!  She first smiled at me Wednesday when I was singing her the jazz version of 'You are my Sunshine' complete with a fun drum beat!  She doesn't smile on cue and it's not very regular, so I haven't gotten any pictures yet, but I'm sure that it's a real smile and not just gas!
  • Stares, stares, stares...her eyes are really starting to work!
  • Looks like she is trying to roll from her back to her tummy, but hasn't quite figured it out.  She does this when she's getting her diaper changed too!
  • Played with her piano on her six week birthday.  She kicks it and makes it sing, but doesn't realize what she's doing...I think it's cute either way.
  • Went to school with mommy to do some work and did very well. She is getting use to be out and about a little bit more and I'm getting use to bringing her and everything that comes with her.
  • Had a dinner date with the Geronimos family (Kelly, Tony, and little Brayden!) -- Brayden really enjoyed watching Maddie play.
  • Enjoyed her first super bowl with close friends.  We only stayed until the 3rd quarter, but she enjoyed herself.
  • Weighed in at 10lbs during the breastfeeding TEA. 
  • Had daddy day on Saturday while mom went to work to have a 'boot camp' practice for her students going to Solo and Ensemble next weekend.  Maddie enjoyed her day with dad and mom enjoyed working with her students and being back at work.
  • I had my six week check up at the doctor and I am cleared to go back to normal!  I gained a total of 29 pounds during my pregnancy and I only have 5 more pounds to go until I hit my pre-pregnancy weight...woohoo!  Now I just need my hips/thighs to go back and I can wear my old pants again.
This is how I found her when she woke up from her nap.  Unswaddled and quietly playing by herself.



Tummy time usually turns into 'chew my arm' time!

and the head is up!!

relaxing with her brother :) ... she is getting so long!

Out on a stroll with Brayden

Saturday morning snuggle time with daddy

Tummy time on the gym

Hello Maddie Claire!

Playing the piano and making mommy proud :)

Playtime in her room!



No comments:

Post a Comment