Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Week Twenty-Seven


  • Went on her first trip to the zoo! The central Florida zoo is located just up the road in Sanford and neither of us had been.  We all loaded up and headed out for a few hours to check out all of the animals.  Maddie stayed awake the entire time looking at the animals!  It was nice and shady, but still super HOT!
  • Stayed up past her bedtime on Saturday night because mom got a crazy idea to rent a movie, make margaritas, and have take-out Chinese food (all after bedtime of course).  The three of us headed out about 6:30pm to get our stuff and still managed to have Maddie in bed before 8pm.  After she went to bed we enjoyed a nice date night! :)
  • Had a super blowout explosion in Publix!!  Since it was family fun weekend, daddy got this crazy idea to go to the grocery store as a family.  We loaded up with the cart and stroller and headed through the aisles with our list and coupons.  Halfway through our trip I noticed Maddie needed changing, so I went to the restroom to change her and found our disaster.  We managed to get a new diaper and new clothes on before the associate waiting outside to clean the restroom got too worried (he kept asking if I was okay since Maddie was talking away and sounded like she was screaming).  I thought everything was fine and met Shawn back in the store to finish shopping (note: he was in the same aisle as when I left him...reason #5683 why I grocery shop).  After a few minutes, I looked down at Maddie and realized that her previous disaster was all over her new outfit and her stroller, so I threw the list and coupons to Shawn and told him to finish shopping and I'd be in the car.  I got the car to clean up and realized that the disaster started in the car seat and to top it off Maddie was now starving and letting the whole parking lot know!  I cleaned her up a little and sat in the car to fed her while Shawn finished.  Shawn came to car got in and told me he was never doing that again!  He had to do 5 transactions to get all the coupons and became 'that person' at the checkout (a few people moved to another lane)! We managed to get home, clean everything, get Maddie fed and off to bed on time (of course we ate at 9pm)!
  • Ate avocados and apples this week.  She was very unsure of my pureed avocado, so I started to just mash it with a fork and she thought it was great! She is still messy, but loves mealtime!
  • LOVES her fingers...those things are always in her mouth!
  • Stopped in at daycare to drop off some papers.  We stayed for a bit and played in her classroom with the other babies.  Ms. J was so happy to see her and was so excited about all the new things she's doing.
  • Went to story time at the library with Jacob and Mrs. Catherine.  She was much more interested and seemed to enjoy more than when we went back in March. 
  • Enjoyed some nice long morning walks with the other neighborhood babies and mommies!
  • Continues to enjoy her 12 hours of uninterrupted sleep!  We are on 4 weeks straight of 7pm-7am sleeping....Shawn and I are enjoying sleeping for 8-9 hours per night as well.  How did I ever survive on such little sleep??!!!??
  • Is super determined to move...she is trying so hard to scoot around and pull herself forward.  She can move a little, but it's very tiring to pull that little body around!
  • LOVES her giggle doll.  Oh my gosh...she has the biggest smile when she sees it!
  • LOVES, LOVES, LOVES her daddy!  She gives him the biggest smiles and laughs when she sees him and oh my he eats it up!   There is no doubt that he is already wrapped around that girl's finger!! :)
  • Is working on her sounds.  I say, 'da da' and Maddie repeats, 'blah blah'.  So far, 'blah blah' is her favorite phrase.  I haven't decided if she is still learning or if she has already found the attitude of a pre-teen!! 
  • Is really trying to sit up.  I practice with her everyday, but she would much rather be on her tummy.  She loves to reach for everything, so when she sits up she starts to reach for her toys and falls over!

6 month stats...                                   compared to...               4 month stats:
Length- 26.5" (75%)                                                               Length- 25.75" (95%)   
Weight- 14lbs 12oz (25%)                                                      Weight- 12lbs 11.5oz (25%)  
Head- 16.5" (50%)                                                                  Head- 16" (50%) 

Trying avocados for the first time....pureed = no good 

It's off to the zoo we go! 

Shawn:  "Maddie, look at the alligator" Maddie: "I don't care about the stinkin' alligator...look at those other people!"

Maddie: "Okay..now I'll look, daddy"


She just loves her piano!

My little musician!  (yes, I already taught her 'Hot Cross Buns')

















No comments:

Post a Comment