Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Week Twenty

This week Shawn got to be Mr. Mom!  That right, I spent Friday night in my own hotel room without a baby monitor, a husband, a dog, and with very little responsibility...it was great!  I am part of a grant funded project for the state of Florida and we had a meeting in Lakeland, so I headed over on Friday morning, went to the meeting and then enjoyed a nice dinner with drinks and great conversation with other music education colleagues.  (yes, we talked shop all night!)
  • Started blowing raspberries.  I noticed it when she woke up on Thursday morning in her crib blowing bubbles and making raspberry sounds.  That morning she did it all the way to school in the backseat...I couldn't help but laugh all the way to school!
  • Started taking 8oz. in her bottles!  Talk about some demand on mommy!
  • Started sleeping 13 hours straight! (3 nights)  She went 14 hours without eating and 13 hours sleeping.  I fed her at 6:30pm, did bath time, bedtime at 7pm, and she woke up just before 8am and then ate at 8:30am when she got to school.  She woke up happy and was happy all the way to school!  I don't know if this is her new trend, but I like it!
  • With her new sleeping schedule and eating amounts she now only eats 4 times a day....8 ounces every 3 hours.
  • Decided that she didn't want to nurse one night and wanted a bottle instead.  I've been afraid this might happen and I'm really hoping that it was just a one time thing.  With her sleeping more, she is eating mostly at daycare and that has to be from a bottle.  She only has a chance to nurse once a day at night.  I know she doesn't get as much food that way, but I still want her to so my body can keep producing.  I'm not sure I can only pump and keep up with her demand. (update: this seemed to be a one time thing)  
  • Feel asleep in the jumperoo at daycare.  The teacher didn't think I would believe her, so she took a picture and sure enough our little princess fell asleep standing up!  She was standing in the jumperoo playing and I guess she decided she was tired, so she put her hand in her mouth and fell asleep!!  
  • Likes the jumperoo at daycare, but doesn't jump yet.  She stands up in it and plays with all the toys, but hasn't figured out how to really move.  She does the same thing when we play in the jumperoo at home...she moves side to side, but doesn't jump up and down.
  • LOVES to play 'Super Maddie'.  We hold her up high above our head and say, 'Super Maddie'...she thinks it's the funniest thing!
  • Had a great Friday and Saturday with dad.  I had to go to Lakeland for a workshop and was gone from 7am on Friday until 5:30pm on Saturday.  This meant that Shawn took her to daycare and picked her up.  He did bedtime, nighttime feeding, and everything on Saturday.  He did a great job and thought it was pretty easy. (I guess I should reverse our roles for baby #2 if it's so easy!)  Shawn even kept a piece of paper with everything written down for the entire day.  He wrote down every nap and every bottle feeding (time and amount).
  • Went to her first birthday party!  Jacob next door turned one, so Shawn took Maddie over on Saturday afternoon for the party.  We went back later once I got home and hung out for another hour.  Jacob loves to give hugs and gave Maddie a big hug...it's was too cute!
  • Celebrated our first mother's day together.  Maddie got me a very nice card and very pretty flowers.  Shawn took her out shopping on Saturday afternoon before I got home, so they were waiting for me when I got there.  On Sunday morning we got up and went to the Townhouse for breakfast (my favorite!).  Later that day I decided to take a 2 hour afternoon nap with Maddie.  Shawn decided to vacuum, fold laundry, and start dinner while I was asleep.  I'm not sure if that was a mother's day gift or he was just picking up my slack.  Either way...I enjoy the nap and the help around the house!
  • Maddie helped Shawn celebrate his birthday on Saturday!  She is so smart that she sent daddy a very cute picture slideshow of herself on the internet.  She also left cards out for him to open while mommy was gone!  
  • Can hold herself up by her arms and not just her elbows on tummy time.  She is such a strong girl!

Shawn and Maddie at the Townhouse during Mother's Day breakfast

Playtime

Such fun!

Jumperoo time!





1 comment:

  1. So cute!!! I absolutely love the last one with her smiling!!! Such a happy beautiful little girl!

    Excited to see you guys AGAIN in a few weeks - woot!!!

    Much love to all!

    ReplyDelete