Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Week Thirty-Four

  • I went back to teaching my big kiddos!  I saw my 125 returning students and met my 80 new 6th graders.  Year two is going to be much better than year one at my new school.  On the first day of school I taught the fire evacuation procedures 6 times and only mispronounced one name!!  
  • Maddie went back for her second week at school.  In true form, she went back with a stuffy nose after one week in daycare....luckily, she felt fine and played fine all week.  Our little girl is going to have one heck of an immune system by kindergarten!  
  • Continued to take her two naps at daycare (except they started getting shorter and shorter) and even took a few on her little cot.
  • Played outside on the playground with the Grasshopper kids and went to story time in their room almost every day!
  • Loved her puffs at snack time.  
  • Started trying table food during dinner time.  She has been eating some cheerios and peas along with her pureed food and loves them.  After she tried table food she started trying to chew her pureed food and always wanted to grab at her food, so we decided that maybe it's time to introduce more big girl food! 
  • Crawls everywhere!!!  She has become so fast at her army crawling and is everywhere at home and at school.  The teachers tell me she can be found in many of the toy cubbies (just like her daddy)!
  • Beats her highchair tray like a drum.  She loves to yell and bang on her tray like she's playing in the band!  I love my little musician! 
  • Has provided Noah with a new role in the household.  Noah is now our resident floor cleaner!  Maddie drops food on the floor and Noah comes to the rescue...I have such a new respect for our little furry child! 
Maddie's new big girl food!

Enjoying her dinner!!

Yum-O

All gone!

Reading a book in her new chair!


No comments:

Post a Comment